CNN Headline News did a short news listing regarding Ford and GM`s contributions to the relief and recovery efforts in New York and Washington. The findings are as follows......
1. Ford- $1 million to American Red Cross matching employee contributions of the same number plus 10 Excursions to NY Fire Dept. The company also offered ER resonse team services and office space to displaced goverment employees.
2. GM- $1 million to American Red Cross matching employee contributions of the same number and a fleet of vans, suv`s, and trucks.
3. Daimler Chrysler- $10 million to support of the children and victims of the Sept. 11 attack.
4. Harley Davidson motorcycles- $1 million and 30 new motorcycles to the New York Police Dept.
5. Volkswagen- Employees and management created a Sept. 11 Foundation, funded initial with $2 million, for the assistance of the children and victims of the WTC
6. Hyundai- $300,000 to the American Red Cross.
7. Audi- Nothing.
8. BMW- Nothing.
9. Daewoo- Nothing.
10. Fiat- Nothing.
11. Honda- Nothing despite boasting of second best sales month ever in August 2001
12. Isuzu- Nothing.
13. Mitsubishi- Nothing.
14. Nissan- Nothing.
15. Porsche- Nothing. Press release with condolences via the Porsche website.
16. Subaru- Nothing.
17. Suzuki- Nothing.
18. Toyota- Nothing despite claims of high sales in July and August 2001. Condolences posted on the website
Man - That article really makes one think twice about owning a foreign car. With so much US presence its sad that none of the foreign makers, besides VW, contributed. :(ReplyDelete